By optimizing your website you should understand in order to adapt it to the requirements of search engines, and in fact one of them - Google, which uses more than 90% of Poles, when looking for information on the Web.
Manage Content of Website
You need to know that one of the main factors affecting the position of your site in search results is based on its content, which in conjunction with the corresponding attributes determines how the page will be seen by search engine robots. And it's not just about the content you are publishing to web surfers, but also about content that your users can not see, and which is noted by the search engine robots.
Key Points for Content Optimization:
- Title Post/Page- should consist of the most important keywords for you, it can also include the name of your company. It cannot be too long, because its strength is degraded into individual words, among which the most powerful are those that are closest to the left side. The title of the post or page is recommended to be less than 70 characters including spaces or other characters.
- A Description of the Post/Page- It is good that description shall be interesting and contained the keywords, as such. These are directly shown in the Google search results immediately after the Title area. Here, too (as in the title) you should focus on getting your most important keywords were closest to the left side in a meaningful sentence. The length of description shall be less than 255 characters including spaces.
- Keywords- In this case the opinions are divided, it is worth to be supplemented. Many search engines are now nearly ignoring keywords, well not ignoring, but now are giving less weight for ranking any website or page.
- Use of Proper Headings (H1-H6)- shall be constructed of keywords. H1 header could not be located on the page more than once, as is it will be the title, the remaining headers can be placed several times.
- Attributes for Images- all published images on your web site must be described using the attributes "alt" and "title". Search engines, currently can't recognize the content displayed in the images or can't recognize what the image is about, so in order to let search engines know what the image is about, you must use ("Alt" and "Title") attributes. It is also helpful in terms of accessibility of the website. In this way you meet the technical requirements set by the World Wide Web Consortium ("alt"), as well as the images are displayed in image search results using ("title").
Note - It cannot be too long, but should be correct, because it is very easy to work - and Google takes this into consideration? Again, opinion is different.
- Unique and Relevant Content published on the site. In my point of view, it shall be given the most importance. Google and all of other major search engines are now giving more importance to unique content. From searcher's perspective, let's imagine, you search for something on Google, you find a nice title and some good description on Google searches, you click it, but the page content is either messy, copied from some other website with a READ MORE link to original website, OR irrelevant to the topic of the article. You get annoyed and obviously will never visit that website again. Length of content or number of words used in the article must be of at least 250 words. The higher number, the better article.
- Page Speed (Page Load Speed) is also been given much importance by the search engines. It can depend on many factors. Bad script or broken code, SQL Database server slow (if separate), file server being slow (where the files are hosted). The longer it takes to open the pages, the visitor is less attracted towards reading the content. You can check your page speed from Google Page Speed Toolor GMetrix.
- Dashes or Underscores in URL is another issue that people face. I can give a you a simple example which will make you understand what shall be done. If you post a URL anywhere on any website, links come underline.Example: http://topseokeywords.com/this_URL_is_with_underscores
Example: http://topseokeywords.com/this-URL-is-with-dashesNow just for reading, the URL with underscores is not better readable, it looks like there are spaces in it, but with dashes, it is readable. Also, if you use the conventional way word selection using Ctrl+Shift+(Right or Left) Arrow key, the URL having underscores will select all words with underscores, which shows that it treats the whole sentence as one word. While in URL with dashes, it selects each word separately, which shows each word is a separate entity.
- Fully Qualified Links (Using Relative or Absolute Links)is also an important subject. People ask which is better for SEO. Well there is no hard and fast rule. In my point of view it is better to help search bots with Full URL.Relative Link Example:
<a href="/seo-the-key-to-popularity-of-any-website/>SEO – The key to Popularity of Any Website</a>
Absolute Link Example:
<a href="http://topseokeywords.com/seo-the-key-to-popularity-of-any-website/">SEO – The key to Popularity of Any Website</a>
- Sitemap link shall be present on the website footer, in which all the pages or major pages are indexed in a list manner. It helps the search engines to index your website faster in search results based on Sitemap links. Because you know your website better than search engines, that where all the website pages/posts links are.
- Robots.txt file must be checked and verified, because it forbids and allow the searching bots to crawl the allowed pages or posts of the website. You can either allow or completely forbid a particular searching bot from entering your website to crawl.
- 404 Pages must be declared on the website, incase the URL link is broken or outdated, the visitor must land on a nice interfaced page, rather on raw server generated error.
- Webmaster Accounts on Google / Bing must be created and then submit your Sitemap in webmaster accounts to index your website in a better and faster way.
- Mobile Friendly Website is now a must get feature, as Google has made a separate indexing algorithm for mobile searching. Which will only index the mobile friendly website. This update will destroy the ranking of non-responsive website or which are not mobile friendly. Make sure your website is responsive for mobiles and tablets.
It is good to note that both the page title and its description, and keywords should be different on different pages. In this way, not only you give them the exact subject matter but also increase your chances of finding high in search results under different keywords.
When you create your pages focused on the architecture of its content, it significantly simplifies the flow and friendliness for both its users/visitors and searching robots (which in the latter case may have an impact on indexation).
Know the importance of website optimization
All of the above article is presented only the basic issues related to the optimization of different types of content included on the website. However, it is part of the process of positioning, which has a significant impact on the position of websites in search results, so in subsequent texts.